Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Snickers. M&M’s. They’re all lying around your house waiting to be handed out to kids dressed up as superheroes and princesses. You might be tempted to try a piece here and there, but trust us, it’s better to leave the sweets to the trick-or-treaters. Here, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 reasons you should stay away from candy this Halloween.
- You’d have to complete 1 hour of vigorous weightlifting to burn off 1.5 Snickers bars (approximately 400 calories).
- Sugar can decrease the amount of growth hormone in your body.
- Drowsiness and decreased activity are byproducts of increased sugar consumption.
- Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease by hardening your arteries.
- To lose the amount of calories you gain eating 1 Butterfinger, you’d have to jog for more than half an hour.
- Your ability to absorb protein can be affected by sugar.
- Sugar feeds cancer.
- Your chances of becoming diabetic are greatly increased by sugar consumption.
- Your body’s defense system can become significantly paralyzed, making it unable to protect against sickness and disease.