Classic exercises such as pushups, pull-ups, rows and squats are the cornerstone of any good workout, but busy lifestyles, cramped gyms and lack of space can cause you to miss out a body part or certain exercise.
By combining some of these popular exercises into one combination move, you'll not only save time, you'll also be performing a tried and true exercise that's guaranteed to help strengthen muscle, burn fat, and shred your physique. Today's killer combo move is:
Push-up Row with Core Hold
How to perform:
- Place a pair of dumbbells, slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Set yourself in a pushup position with hands on dumbbells.
- Lower your body to the floor, pause, then complete 1 push up.
- Once you're back in the starting position, row the dumbbell on one side to the side of your chest by pulling the dumbbell upwards.
- Pause, then lower the dumbbell back down, and repeat the same movement with your other arm.
- That is the completion of 1 rep.
Perform 3 sets X 10 reps.
Check out this video below to see the proper technique for this killer combo move.
Mehmet Edip, is a fitness model, writer, and competitive bodybuilder who contributes regularly to a variety of top international fitness magazines and websites. He is currently a Powertec ambassador and former Gaspari UK athlete.
Check out his website or follow him via facebook.