Sometimes, our fans can teach us a thing or two, which is why each week Muscle & Fitness will be selecting a Bad-Ass Workout of the Week, submitted by one of our highly knowledgeable readers. Then our training experts will explain why they're so bad-ass, how how to make them badder; and what training style they work for.
This week, Dan Trink, Director of Training at Peak Performance in NYC, tips his cap to this routine from our Facebook fan Tim Zeddies. Let us know what you think, and show off your own workout at email@example.com. If we think it's worthy, we'll post it on the Muscle & Fitness website.
THIS WEEK'S OFFICIAL BAD-ASS WORKOUT
1. "Cindy" a CrossFit workout. One round = 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 air squats. As many rounds as you can in 20 min. (I got 23 rounds).
2. Super-Duper Dumbbell Burpees. One rep = bicep curl/plank/2 renegade rows and 2 push-ups/upright row to shoulder press. Did 2 sets of 8 reps with 40s.
3. Three sets of 20 kettlebell swings (40 lbs.) + seated cable rows + neutral grip pull-ups.
4. Three sets of TRX suspension pull-ups + TRX suspension body rows + Dumbbell walking lunges with 40s.
5. Strip Set Tricep. One set = two-armed kickbacks + diamond push-ups to failure. 4 sets (30s, 27.5s, 25s, and 22.5s).
6. Strip Set Curls. (42.5s, 40s, 37.5s, 35s, 32.5s, and 30s)
Next: See what our expert said >>