Cardio Workout 2
Start with a 5-10 minute general cardiovascular warm up followed by 5-10 minute dynamic drills (stretches and skipping variations).
Next, set up a treadmill to the maximal incline and at a speed you can sprint for 60-seconds.
- Perform a 60-sec hill sprint and carefully step off the treadmill (keep it running).
- Perform 20 kneeling high cable crunches.
- Perform a farmer’s carry with the heaviest dumbbells you can find. Walk as far as possible before putting the dumbbells down.
- Perform another 60-sec hill sprint.
- Perform 20 lateral medicine ball wall tosses per side.
- Perform another farmer’s carry just as written above.
Repeat this total sequence 6-8 times through.
Finish with a 5-10 minute general cardiovascular cool down.
Losing fat and taking your body fat percent down is not as easy task. You’re going to need a great support team to help you stay on track. Make sure to get enough quality sleep per night to ensure you can recovery well in between workouts – shoot for 7-9 hours per night. Drink plenty of water spaced throughout the day and prepare healthy snacks just incase you’re out and get hungry. Remember, diet plays more of a role in fat loss than high intensity workouts. I’ll end by rephrasing a quote I read from fitness great Adam Bornstein: “Eat for the body you want, not for the body you currently have.”
Jon-Erik Kawamoto, CSCS, CEP, is a Personal Trainer, Strength Coach and Fitness Writer out of St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. He contributes regularly to many major health and fitness magazines and websites and is currently in the middle of a master’s in exercise physiology at Memorial University. Check out more of his work at www.JKConditioning.com and follow him on Twitter at @JKConditioning.