Two of the main muscle groups that every guy in the gym wants to show off are the abs and arms, so the perfect solution is to annihilate both muscle groups in the same workout session. In this second installment of Abs & Arms, we give you two excellent superset exercises to shred your stomach and add size to your pipes. It's a fast way to knock out some targetted exercises for maximum results. Be sure to complete 3 sets, and 12-15 reps for each exercise. Lastly, try to limit your rest period to between 30-60 seconds. Now get supersetting for some killer abs and arms!
1) High Pulley Cable Crunches - Superset with Hammer Curls
- Kneel below a high pulley that contains a rope attachment.
- Grasp the cable rope attachment and lower until your hands are placed next to your face.
- Your starting position will be with your hips slightly flexed and your lower back slightly hyperextended.
- With the hips stationary, flex the waist as you contract the abs, so that the elbows travel towards the middle of your thighs.
- Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement and hold the contraction for a second.
- Then slowly return up to the starting position.
Top Tip: You can also hit the upper obliques by twisting the rope to the left and right when bringing the weight down. To really stress the obliques it may be more beneficial to use a single handed rope, as you will be able to twist and hit the obliques more.