Don’t let the daily hustle stop you from meeting your fitness goals.

MyoCHX Science

By the time you’re hungry, it’s too late. If your stomach feels like it’s starving, then your muscles already are. Blunting that hunger with a protein shake is the smart choice, but you might not know that your options run much deeper than whey and casein.

The latest alternative protein powder is chicken protein isolate in the form of MyoCHX from Essentia Metabolic Protein (EMP), previously Proliant Health. MyoCHX is a hydrolyzed chicken protein isolate that’s from the best quality chicken protein. To simplify things, MyoCHX is created as a protein powder for a wide range of sports nutrition supplements—functioning as a key ingredient.

What sets this protein apart from the rest is that we’re talking about lean meat in a powdered form. It sound improbable, but science makes it possible. To create the powder, a proprietary process uses enzymes to hydrolyze chicken protein without extreme heat or pH conditions. The hydrolysis breaks the bonds of the proteins with water. The lack of extreme heat and pH conditions allow for the chicken to maintain a suitable flavor as well as the quality of protein because heat denatures protein.

Your end product is a protein compound containing about 30 percent free amino acids and the rest of the protein—70 percent—in a peptide form. The peptides are short—making them easily absorbable by the body.

Delving into the scientific research, muscle protein synthesis is activated by varying degrees of plasma amino acid concentration, growth factors, and other nutrients. Post-workout or even just refueling your muscles during the day—a rapid activation of muscle protein synthesis is key to building lean muscle. So in order to test how rapid this pathway was, the scientists observed the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). The mTOR pathway is in charge of the repair and growth of muscle tissue.

The mTOR phosphorylation was observed by using Western blotting, a technique where antibodies are used to help find proteins. Cells were first put into a nutrient starvation mode for 24 hours, MyoCHX was then added, and mTOR was monitored over time. The results from the test indicated that the amount of phosphorylated mTOR that’s in the cell culture grew over time after adding MyoCHX.

Further research was done by Essentia Metabolic Protein on mTOR pathway activation. Results showed that MyoCHX had one of the highest levels of activation -- only 10 minutes after stimulation. Also, MyoCHX's functionality was determined via lipopolysaccharide (LPS) binding to decrease the production of cytokines. Cytokines are cell-signaling molecules that help trigger an inflammatory response. It was found that MyoCHX has anti-inflammatory properties -- preventing the production of cytokines.

A study was also completed by the University of Tampa, demonstrating MyoCHX supplementation with resistance training. The study concluded that MyoCHX has the capability of decreasing fat mass and increasing upper and lower body strength in hard-training lifters.

Don’t let the daily hustle stop you from meeting your fitness goals.

MyoCHX Science

By the time you’re hungry, it’s too late. If your stomach feels like it’s starving, then your muscles already are. Blunting that hunger with a protein shake is the smart choice, but you might not know that your options run much deeper than whey and casein.

The latest alternative protein powder is chicken protein isolate in the form of MyoCHX from Essentia Metabolic Protein (EMP), previously Proliant Health. MyoCHX is a hydrolyzed chicken protein isolate that’s from the best quality chicken protein. To simplify things, MyoCHX is created as a protein powder for a wide range of sports nutrition supplements—functioning as a key ingredient.

What sets this protein apart from the rest is that we’re talking about lean meat in a powdered form. It sound improbable, but science makes it possible. To create the powder, a proprietary process uses enzymes to hydrolyze chicken protein without extreme heat or pH conditions. The hydrolysis breaks the bonds of the proteins with water. The lack of extreme heat and pH conditions allow for the chicken to maintain a suitable flavor as well as the quality of protein because heat denatures protein.

Your end product is a protein compound containing about 30 percent free amino acids and the rest of the protein—70 percent—in a peptide form. The peptides are short—making them easily absorbable by the body.

Delving into the scientific research, muscle protein synthesis is activated by varying degrees of plasma amino acid concentration, growth factors, and other nutrients. Post-workout or even just refueling your muscles during the day—a rapid activation of muscle protein synthesis is key to building lean muscle. So in order to test how rapid this pathway was, the scientists observed the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). The mTOR pathway is in charge of the repair and growth of muscle tissue.

The mTOR phosphorylation was observed by using Western blotting, a technique where antibodies are used to help find proteins. Cells were first put into a nutrient starvation mode for 24 hours, MyoCHX was then added, and mTOR was monitored over time. The results from the test indicated that the amount of phosphorylated mTOR that’s in the cell culture grew over time after adding MyoCHX.

Further research was done by Essentia Metabolic Protein on mTOR pathway activation. Results showed that MyoCHX had one of the highest levels of activation -- only 10 minutes after stimulation. Also, MyoCHX's functionality was determined via lipopolysaccharide (LPS) binding to decrease the production of cytokines. Cytokines are cell-signaling molecules that help trigger an inflammatory response. It was found that MyoCHX has anti-inflammatory properties -- preventing the production of cytokines.

A study was also completed by the University of Tampa, demonstrating MyoCHX supplementation with resistance training. The study concluded that MyoCHX has the capability of decreasing fat mass and increasing upper and lower body strength in hard-training lifters.