A manly, muscle-building snack can be made dirt cheap, and mostly with ingredients you’ve already got in your kitchen. These balls—think of them as bulked-up bonbons—are rich in protein, healthy fats, and fiber, making them just as satisfying as those Munchkins from Dunkin’ Donuts without punishing your physique.
Makes 15 Balls:
- 6 scoops chocolate whey protein
- 3 cups quick oats
- 15 dried plums (pitted), cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, crushed
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1⁄2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except the shred- ded coconut) and mix together.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave until liquid. add to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add milk, honey, and natural peanut butter. keep mixing the batter until all ingredients are evenly blended (mix will be sticky).
- Scoop some of the mixture with a tablespoon and form the balls with your hands (you should get about 15).
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
- Place balls on a plate and refrigerate for 10–45 minutes depending on desired texture.