Jump to the recipe
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 15 oz salsa
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- Cook rice per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat oven-safe skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour taco seasoning packet into a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in taco seasoning, coating each piece.
- Place evenly in skillet.
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat for two minutes, then flip each piece over and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour salsa over chicken pieces.
- Cover and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over salsa-chicken pieces and bake, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place ½ cup cooked rice on each plate and scoop salsa-chicken on top