Keep your gains even while under self-quarantine with these exercises.Read article
Claressa Shields who is the defending Olympic champion in the women’s middleweight division is one step close to repeating. Yesterday, Shields beat Russian Laroslava Lakushina by unanimous decision, which guarantees her a minimum of a bronze medal. She made it clear that she was the superior fighter in the ring by overpowering Laroslava and being the quicker fighter. Shields now has one match left before she gets a chance at another gold medal.
The women’s beach volleyball team failed on Tuesday to make it to the gold medal match, but did win the bronze medal yesterday against another Brazilian tandem. The Americans did not cruise to victory, they lost the first set 17-21, then bounced back to win the next two sets. Although a bronze medal was not the main goal, it will serve as Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross consolation prize.
- Both Ajee Wilson and Kate Grace have both advanced into the semifinals in the women’s 800m race.
- Both Sandi Morris and Jenn Suhr have advanced in the women’s pole vault.
- Lexi Thompson advanced to the next round in women’s golf, which takes place tonight.
SEE ALSO: Olympics Roundup: Day 11
What (and who) we’re watching today:
- Ajee Wilson/Kate Grace in women’s 800m semifinals
- Women’s 4x100m relay.
- Adeline Gray quarterfinals, if she advances her next two matches will take place today.