Jump to the recipe
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or ￼￼￼￼white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 (3.75 oz) tins water-packed sardines
- Blend together walnuts, olive oil, 2 tbsp water, garlic, and chili powder into a chunky mixture; add extra water or oil if needed.
- In a bowl, toss zucchini, carrot, parsley, raisins, vinegar, and salt.
- Divide walnut mixture among 4 slices of bread and top with an equal amount of sardines and slaw.