Looking for more ways to cook with Guinness? Check out these recipes.
- 10 Tbsp butter, plus more for pan (or cooking spray)
- ⅔ cup Guinness beer
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large whole organic egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2/3 cup sour cream (or a high-protein, nonfat Greek yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray an 8-inch round cake pan, then line with waxed paper. Butter paper if desired.
- Bring Guinness and butter to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa; whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat whole egg, yolk, and sour cream with an electric mixer. Add Guinness-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat to combine.
- Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds on slowest speed. Fold batter using rubber spatula until completely combined, then pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer cake to a rack and let cool before serving.