With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NATIONAL PHYSIQUE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES MAY ATHLETES OF THE MONTH PRESENTED BY GASPARI NUTRITION
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA (July 18, 2012) – The National Physique Committee and Gaspari Nutrition are proud to announce seven athletes – Dan Newmire, Cassandra Wilson, Hope Daivs Lacey DeLuca, Trina Thompson, Guy Marquardt and Allison Spencer – as the Athletes of the Month in their respective divisions for the month of May.
May marks the first month of Gaspari Nutrition’s participation in the NPC Athlete of the Month awards.
"Gaspari Nutrition is honored to be a part of the NPC Athlete of the Month awards" Gaspari Nutrition CEO and founder Rich Gaspari said. "My company is proud to sponsor over 20 different athletes so it's exciting to be a part of this new athlete recognition program through the NPC."
Gaspari, who began competing in the NPC as a teenager in New Jersey, won the light-heavyweight class and his pro card at the 1984 NPC Nationals. A year later, he competed in his first Mr. Olympia at the age of 22 before going on to three runner-up Olympia finishes and an Arnold Classic win in 1989.
"I feel it's very important to give back to the sport by recognizing the young, up-and-coming competitors in all of the divisions," Gaspari said. "Hopefully some of these athletes are able to go on to successful careers in the IFBB Professional League."
About the May Athletes of the Month:
– Men’s Bodybuilding: Dan Newmire, 33, recently won the Super Heavyweight and Overall titles at the NPC Junior USAs. Newmire, who started competing in 2000, was the runner-up in the Super Heavyweight division at the Junior USAs in 2011.
– Women’s Bodybuilding: Former Marine Cassandra Wilson, 41, won the Heavyweight and Overall titles at the Junior USAs.
– Figure: Hope Davis, 22, won her pro card by winning Class C at the Junior USAs. Davis won two overall Figure titles in May, the Pittsburgh Pro and the Eastern Seaboards.
– Bikini: Lacey DeLuca won the Overall at two contests in May and placed in the top three of her class at the Junior USAs. DeLuca won the Pittsburgh Championships and the Eastern Seaboards.
– Women’s Physique: Trina Thompson, a former beauty pageant contestant and then wrestler with the Ohio Valley Wrestling Association, earned her IFBB Pro card by winning her the Overall title at the Junior USAs.
– Men’s Physique: Guy Marquardt, 30, won his pro card by winning the Overall in Men’s Physique at the Junior USAs.
– Fitness: Alicia Spencer won her class at the Junior USAs
NPC Chairman Jim Manion selects the Athletes of the Month in each of the organization's seven divisions – Men's and Women's Bodybuilding, Figure, Bikini, Fitness and Men's and Women's Physique – based on the information provided by contest promoters across the country and featured in the NPC News Online Contest Roundups every Monday. For more information on the May Athletes of the Month, go to www.npcnewsonline.com.
Editor, NPC News Online