“Anybody can pick up a weight and do a weightlifting movement. It’s easy. The physical isn’t really what it’s about—it’s the mental side that holds people back from achieving their goals.”
True Blood star Joe Manganiello gives us the scoop on how he channels all his energy, both physical and mental, into maintaining one of the best bodies in Hollywood. He also talks about his new book, Evolution: The Cutting Edge Guide to Breaking Down Mental Walls and Building the Body You've Always Wanted, and brings you the workout that has made him the leanest and meanest werewolf on television.
Plus: The six-week training program that will whip you into shape, a comprehensive guide to fat-burner supplements, the kettlebell workout that got Mark Wahlberg shredded, the ridiculously hot Anja Zeidler, the only home gym guide you will ever need, and an excerpt from Sean Hyson’s new book, The 101 Best Workouts of All Time.
And, don't forget to check out the great web exclusives to go with our January issue:
- Get behind-the-scenes video of our cover shoot with the insanely ripped Joe Manganiello - Joe Manganiello on Muscle & Fitness >>
- Enter to win all the equipment in our Home Gym Guide - Home Improvement: Build the Ultimate Home Gym >>
- Ready to start the New Year with a real bang? Watch the videos for our complete Ultimate Starter's Guide Workout - Ultimate Starter's Guide: The Videos >>
- Get serious about achieving your New Year's Resolutions with our guide to getting in the right mindset - Mind-Muscle Mantras >>
- Don't let the cold weather wreak havoc on your metabolism - Kick-Start Your Metabolism >>
- Get the enhanced version of our Ultimate Starter's Guide by downloading the Muscle & Fitness App! - The Ultimate Starter's Guide for iPhone and iPad >>
- Own your copy of Men's Fitness' new book, 101 Best Workouts of All Time, your complete training bible - 101 Best Workouts of All Time >>
Ready to get animal ripped like Joe Manganiello? Grab your copy today, M&Fers, and prepare yourself to do mental and physical battle!