- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 15 oz can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb stew meat, preferably chuck, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Mix ingredients except beef in a 3½–4-quart slow cooker. Combine well, then add beef.
- Cover, and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, add peas. Stir well.
- Cover, and cook for 5 more minutes.