Jump to the recipe
- 6 (5 oz) yellowtail snapper fillets, skin off
- 3 mangoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 tbsp green onion, sliced thin
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 Thai chili, minced
- 1 red jalapeño, sliced thin, seeds removed
- 2 oz mirin
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 oz rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Cut snapper into large dice. Based on availability, you can substitute a different kind of snapper or scallops.
- Place diced snapper in a mixing bowl. Add mangoes, ginger, herbs, onion, and zest, and refrigerate.
- In a second bowl, mix chili, jalapeño, and all liquid ingredients. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Add marinade to snapper and mango. Lightly toss, and serve.