Keep your gains even while under self-quarantine with these exercises.Read article
Chef’s Tip: Freeze extra pancakes in a single layer on a parchment paper- lined baking sheet. To reheat, stack frozen pancakes on a plate and microwave for 90 seconds, or until heated through. Or warm them using a push-down toaster. The batter can also be used in a waffle iron.
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Couple pinches salt
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana
- 2 cups spinach
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place milk, ricotta, egg, banana, spinach, and lemon zest in a blender; blend until smooth. In a bowl, combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter in ¼-cup portions onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Keep prepared pancakes warm in a 200°F oven while you prepare remaining batter