Jump to the recipe
- 1 14-oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 slices sprouted grain bread
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash roughly with a fork or potato masher. Stir in ricotta cheese, red onion, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Lay equal amounts of bean mixture, tomato, and spinach onto bread, then top with a second slice.