With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
Why Blackstrap Molasses?
There are five essential nutrients to make sure you get during pregnancy: iron, calcium, vitamin D, protein and B vitamins. By adding two teaspoons of blackstrap to the food and drink you consume, you will be getting more than 10% of the recommended daily allowance of iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, copper, potassium and several other essential nutrients and minerals. Blackstrap molasses is also a great source of selenium and vitamin B6.
If you have low iron levels during pregnancy, you risk preterm delivery and low birth weight for your baby. You also run higher risks for infections, anemia and fatigue. Your body uses iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in the red blood cells that carries oxygen to your tissues. Ideally, you should double your iron during pregnancy because your blood volume expands to accommodate changes in your body and help your baby make his or her entire blood supply.
You probably know that calcium helps grow and strengthen bones and teeth for both you and your baby. But did you know it also helps circulatory, muscular and nervous systems function normally? It is essential for your baby’s development of those systems. A prenatal vitamin will provide iron, but we also focus on getting nutrients from whole-food sources, like blackstrap molasses or fruits and vegetables.
Other Benefits Of Blackstrap Molasses For You and Your Family
Eating blackstrap molasses postnatally, or just on a regular basis, provides other health benefits, including:
• Help with anxiety
• Decrease in pain from arthritis is an aid for rheumatism
• Improves constipation – Blackstrap is a natural stool softener that can improve the regularity and quality of your bowel movements.
• Improves varicose veins
• Treatment of benign tumors
• Improves Hair – One serving (two tablespoons) of blackstrap contains approximately 14 percent of our RDI of copper, an important trace mineral whose peptides help rebuild the skin structure that supports healthy hair. It’s been noted that long-term consumption of blackstrap has been linked to improved hair quality, hair regrowth in men and even a restoration of your hair’s original color!
• Treats acne – improves oily skin
• Treats edema / improves circulation
• Helps heart palpitations
• Improves menstrual cycle – helps with anemia, PMS, menstrual problems, menstrual cramping, menstrual mood swings, hot flashes, cravings for sweets.
• Increases energy
Taking Blackstrap Molasses as a Supplement:
If you get the right kind of blackstrap, it is tasty. I use Plantation Organic Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. Try and purchase organic and unsulfured molasses when possible. Sulfured molasses has been treated with sulfites, so much of its nutritional content is reduced.
Since molasses is both an energy-booster as well as a natural laxative (much like fruit), it is best taken first thing in the morning before food. This will allow the molasses to re-mineralize your body without obstruction, providing a healthy start to the day.
The best way to take blackstrap as a supplement is to mix between 1-2 tablespoons of it in a cup of warm water. I prefer to use a straw that way the molasses bypasses your teeth.
My mix every morning, and drink like a shot:
1 TBS Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBS Plantation Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
4oz warm water
You can also use it in your oatmeal as a sweetener. I also use it in protein shakes.
My shake recipe:
2 Packets Sugar Free Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packet
1 Scoop ProSupps Vanilla TC-F Isolate protein powder
2 TBS Plantation Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
6-8 oz water
A few ice cubes
Mix in blender and enjoy!
Cody Lawyer/ The Protein Princess
Mother of 3 and currently 30 weeks pregnant
Ironworks Gym Owner