V-Sits and Pass to Partner
- Sit on the floor about 1–2 feet away from your partner with your knees bent, it may help if you lock your feet together with your partner.
- Sit upright with perfect posture, and with your abdominals contracted tightly throughout the entire exercise.
- Start by holding the medicine ball into your chest.
- Now you and your partner recline back a few inches while maintaining perfect posture.
- Slowly start coming back up and once you’re upright, throw the ball to your partner.
- Your partner will catch it, and you’ll both repeat the exercise. Repeat for 30–90 seconds.
Medicine Ball Chest Pass
- Stand in front of a wall (approx 2-3 feet away) holding a medicine ball in front of your chest.
- Keep your feet at shoulder width apart and maintain a slight bend in your knees.
- Throw the ball with as much power as possible against the wall by pushing it outwards from your chest, then catching the ball as it bounces back, bringing it back to your chest before repeating.
Medicine Ball Stomach Hits (This one takes guts)
- Start with a medicine ball and a training partner standing in front of you.
- Holding the ball with both hands, throw it directly at your partner’s abdomen by pushing forward forcefully.
- As the ball is heading towards their stomach, your partner should NOT catch it or block it before it hits them.
- Your partner should catch the ball on the rebound and only after it has hit them, before repeating the exercise and throwing the ball back at you.
Tip: Be sure to start with a light ball and throw conservatively the first time you try this exercise, then slowly increase the weight of the medicine ball.