When to Eat It: At lunch or dinner during a mass-gaining phase
Side dish: To ramp up the carbs for further mass-building, serve with a baked potato.
- 3 medium onions, sliced thin
- 2 green or red sweet bell peppers (or combination), cored, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs extra-lean beef tenderloin (9% fat), sliced thin
- 6 slices part-skim white American cheese (1 oz. each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 rolls
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onions, bell peppers and mushrooms over medium heat. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pan-fry the sliced tenderloin until brown but not crispy. Add vegetable mixture back to skillet; mix well.
- Spoon meat-vegetable mixture atop a split roll and top with one slice of cheese.