With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
Chili is always a great cold-weather food, and it’s especially good when getting together with friends to watch a football game. If you like yours with a little more kick, you can always add some roasted chilies or jalapeños. This chili is loaded with protein and made with turkey to reduce the fat content. You can serve it up with a bowl and spoon, but it’s also thick and hearty enough to serve as a party dip. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using it as an omelet filling. Enjoy!
Preparation – Serves 4
1. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions until translucent.
2. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown, being careful not to burn it..
3. Add sausage and ground turkey. cook until meats are browned. drain off any fat..
4. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. add beans, tomatoes, and spicy chilies or peppers (if desired), and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Optional: Top with minced peppers, scallions, or reduced-fat cheese.
* If the dish is prepared only with 1 lb ground turkey and no sausage, you add a small amount of protein and cut a small amount of fat: 30g protein, 29g carbs, 12g fat, 339 calories.
Chef’s Note: The steaks should be medium-rare to medium based on a 3/4-inch, 8-oz steak. For additional doneness, finish in a preheated 400° oven.
Fat – 14g
Protein – 28g
Calories – 350
Carbs – 31g