For more healthy, and protein heavy recipes click here.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup sugar (or cup honey)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt (optional)
- 2 cups light soy milk
- 2 medium fortified eggs
- ¼ cup trans-fat-free tub margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh, or frozen and thawed, blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease the inside of an eight-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, half the walnuts, sugar (if using honey, omit sugar), baking powder, cinnamon, and salt if desired. Reserve.
- In another medium bowl, combine the honey (if using instead of sugar), milk, eggs, margarine, and the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Arrange the bananas in layers on the bottom of the baking dish. Place 1½ cups blueberries on top. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture. Slowly pour the milk/egg mixture over the fruit and oats, making sure it covers them completely. Sprinkle the remaining berries and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the mixture has set. Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.