- 3 Tbsp olive or canola oil, divided
- 1 lb ground 100% turkey breast, meat only
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey to the pan. Brown the meat, breaking it up into very small pieces as it cooks.
- Remove meat from the pan, and season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired; reserve.
- Return pan to the stove. Add remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil to pan, and heat over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper, and cook until soft.
- Add meat back to the pan, and stir in beans, tomatoes, and cumin. Heat to boiling, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.