With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
1) For most people, the cholesterol found in egg yolks will have little, if any, effect on blood cholesterol levels. Saturated fat and trans fats are the true villains.
2) The yolk is home to more of the eggÂs vitamins and minerals than the white, including all of its vitamins A, D, E and K.
3) Egg whites sold in cartons have been pasteurized using high temperatures to kill off bacteria and are safer to consume raw than egg whites from whole raw eggs.
4) There are no nutritional differences between brown and white eggs.
5) Egg yolks are also rich in lutein and zeaxanthin Â antioxidants that protect your eyes from oxidative damage.
6) Eggs are a great source of choline, a nutrient thatÂs essential for brain function and memory.
7) Organic eggs come from hens fed food that was grown without pesticides and not treated with antibiotics.
8) ÂFree-rangeÂ and Âfree-runÂ are poorly regulated labels meaning that hens may or may not get ample time to play in the sun.
9) Hens raised outside a cage and fed a grain/plant-based diet produce eggs with higher amounts of certain nutrients such as Vitamin E and carotenoids.
10) Eggs are known to play host to Salmonella enteritidis, which can cause severe illness when consumed raw. Forget Rocky; cook your eggs to avoid getting this bug.
Â Matthew Kadey, MS, RD
Matthew Kadey is a registered dietitian and freelance writer who owns Fuel For Life (fuelforlife.ca).