Jump to the recipe
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin, 2–2 1⁄2 lbs; ask your butcher to butterfly the roast
- 15 dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Pour boiling water over dried apricots in small bowl and let them soak for 20 minutes or until softened but not mushy. Drain apricots, reserving the liquid, and chop.
- Open roast and stuff with apricots. Close roast and tie it with string in four places. Season with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Spray a pan with a close-fitting lid with cooking spray and place over high heat, uncovered.
- Sear each side of roast for two minutes or until golden brown. Add reserved liquid. Cover and roast in oven 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let meat rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1⁄2-inch slices and serve.