Jump to the recipe
- ½ lb asparagus, woody ends snapped off, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large egg whites (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 2 tbsp fat-free milk
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Gruyere cheese, divided
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add asparagus and cook three minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Whisk egg whites, milk, chives, salt and pepper in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
- Pour half of egg mixture into skillet; cook three minutes or until almost cooked through. Place half the asparagus and cheese onto half the omelet. Fold omelet in half and cook two minutes more.
- Place omelet on a plate and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with remaining egg mixture, vegetables and cheese.
TIP: If desired, sauté tomatoes for 3-4 minutes in 1 tsp. olive oil before topping the omelet.