Keep your gains even while under self-quarantine with these exercises.Read article
To move your muscle-building gains forward, we’re going to put things in reverse in this Badass Workout of the Week. In our 8th installment, PJ Braun, president of Blackstone Labs and Prime Nutrition targets the chest with a unique approach to expand and strengthen all areas of the pecs.
Rather than begin from the usual starting point, Braun switches things up to keep your muscles guessing. In this chest-blasting routine, you’ll be performing a basic, hardcore chest workout…only you’ll be doing it in reverse. By changing the order of the exercises, you’ll break from the norm and crush your muscle-building plateaus in the process. As Braun points out, you can do this for any body part you train. So put it in reverse, and get to work!
1. Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
2. Incline DB Flys: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
3. Incline DB Press Superset with Pushups off a bench: 12 reps on the DB Press and failure on pushups
4. Hammer Strength Chest Press: 4 sets of 10 reps with dropset on final set
5. Smith Machine Incline Press: 4 sets of 10 reps with dropset on final set