Do this workout with the superfast slimdown nutrition plan to maximize your fat loss results.
➤ High-carb training days. Shift your focus to larger muscle groups, such as those in your back and legs. The boost in carbs will refill your glycogen stores—and with more glycogen in your muscles, you can up the intensity and lift more weight for longer periods of time.
➤ Low-carb training days. Following a low-carb diet can sometimes leave you feeling a little sluggish; but rather than going easy on your training, use these days to do workouts that take less time. Choose smaller body parts such as biceps or triceps, or secondary body parts (the ones that are already your strong points), where a little less intensity is required.
➤ Cardio throughout. You’ll perform 45–60 minutes of cardio on an elliptical 4–5 days per week, working at 75% of your MHR. Keeping this level steady will allow you to focus on heavier weight training for your high-carb days while still burning plenty of fat for your lighter low-carb days.
DUMBBELL ROW (Back, Day 1)
- Stand facing an incline bench or weight rack holding a dumbbell in your right hand, your arm at your side with your palm facing in. Lean forward, angling your torso toward the floor.
- Squeeze your shoulder blade as you pull the weight up to the side of your chest, bending your elbow behind you.
- Repeat for reps, then switch sides, rowing the other arm.
STANDING BARBELL CURL (Biceps, Day 1)
- Grasp a barbell using an underhand, shoulder-width grip; extend arms, elbows locked at sides.
- Curl weight up toward your chest, contracting biceps at the top of the movement.
- Resist weight as you slowly lower it back down toward the floor.
INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS (Chest, Day 2)
- Sit back on an incline bench set at about 30 degrees, feet flat on the floor. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand using a pronated (overhand) grip, hands just outside and in line with your shoulders.
- Press dumbbells together over chest, keeping arms extended.
- Pause briefly, then lower the dumbbells under control back to the starting position.
RESISTANCE-BAND SIDE LATERAL (Shoulders, Day 3)
- Stand with one foot on the center of a resistance band and grasp the handles with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Bend your elbows slightly, holding this position throughout the exercise.
- Raise the handles out to your sides in a wide arc to about shoulder level.
- Pause for a moment at the top, then return to the start position under control and repeat.
CABLE PRESSDOWN (Triceps, Day 2)
- Attach a rope to a high-cable pulley and stand facing the pulley, grasping the end of the rope in each hand.
- Step back a few inches from the weight stack, and bend your elbows so that your forearms are parallel to the floor.
- Keeping your upper arms still, straighten your arms by pressing downward and moving your hands slightly outward.
- Hold for a count, then slowly return to the start.
TRICEPS DIP (Triceps, Day 2)
- Place hands on a flat bench or surface just outside your hips with your fingers facing forward.
- Keep your feet together and extend your legs in front of you.
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees, upper arms parallel to the floor.
- Press upward again, straightening arms to return to start.
HANGING AB TWIST (Abs, Day 4)
- Attach ab straps to a bar and slide arms through the centers, resting your upper arm on the strap. Allow legs to hang straight with feet crossed.
- Lift knees up toward the ceiling, simultaneously twisting at the hips so that your knees face left.
- Slowly lower back to start and repeat move on left side.
HACK SQUAT (Legs, Day 5)
- Stand with your shoulders secure under the machine’s shoulder pads. Position feet shoulder-width apart, flat on the platform.
- Slowly descend into the squat, bending your knees about 90 degrees. Be careful not to allow knees to move past your toes.
- Press through your heels as you straighten your legs to return to start.
GET THE SUPER-FAST SLIMDOWN DIET PLAN.