- 1 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 2 15.5-oz cans red kidney beans
2 15.5-oz cans diced, no-salt-added tomatoes
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook eight to 10 hours on low (or four to five hours on high).
- Remove bay leaf, and stir well before serving.