Keep your gains even while under self-quarantine with these exercises.Read article
Beer is awash in antioxidants, the compounds that help annihilate potentially harmful free radicals in the body, so don’t feel guilty about throwing a little extra brew in the skillet.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sear until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chipotle chili pepper, oregano, cumin, and salt; heat for 30 seconds. Stir in beer, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning over once. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice thinly.
- Add lime juice to skillet and stir; raise heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken.
- Divide the chicken evenly among warm tortillas. Top with tomato, avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.