Tuna is a protein-packed and convenient way for you to keep on the march toward the build you’ve always wanted. But sometimes – like with egg whites and chicken breasts – your palate craves something new. The following recipe is the perfect post-workout meal.
The Fit Fish
Not that you needed further convincing, but here are a few of the ingredients in tuna and some info on how they work to your benefit
- Omega-3 fatty acids – contribute to healthy brain development, improve circulation and reduce inflammation. Omega-3s are high-performance fats that provide needed calories for active athletes and improve energy levels, perfect for the hard-training readers of M&F.
- Selenium – a powerful antioxidant that can help improve the immune system.
- B Vitamins, including niacin – maintain and build red blood cells and increase energy levels.
- Vitamin D – helps to build strong bones.
- Lean protein – essential to building lean muscle mass and providing the body with energy. Research shows that eating protein-rich foods like canned tuna can help with satiety and slow down digestion, keeping you fuller longer and leaving you less likely to eat more calories at your next meal.