Jump to the recipe
- ¾ lb flank steak
- FOR MARINADE:
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- FOR SALAD:
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, cut into large wedges
- 2 ears of corn, husks removed and kernels sliced off (about 1 cup)
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 5 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz chunk Parmesan cheese
- Place marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large zip-top bag and add steak. Marinade in the refrigerator at least four hours and preferably overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and cook 5-7 minutes per side, or until medium-rare. Remove to a plate for 20 minutes. Discard remaining marinade.
- Place tomatoes, corn, onion and arugula in a large bowl. Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer salad to a large platter.
- Slice meat thinly, perpendicular to the grain, and lay slices on top of salad. Shave Parmesan on top with a vegetable peeler.