Chef Tip: Serve with jicama-mint slaw for a refreshing side. Combine 2 cups peeled, julienned jicama; 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint; the zest of juice of 1/2 lemon; and a pinch of salt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 cup finely diced mango
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Ib fresh Dungeness crab meat
- olive oil spray
- Preheat a small sauté pan over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add olive oil and sauté red pepper for 3 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except crab and olive-oil spray. Once red peppers have cooled, add to mixture along with crab and combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, make individual crab cakes. Set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté or grill pan over medium heat. Spray with olive-oil pray and sear each cake for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and warmed through.