Jump to the recipe
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots (1⁄4-inch half-moon shape)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups red tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 3 cups fusilli, cooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery, searing vegetables until carrots have browned, 2–3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, then add stock, beans, red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper. Simmer until vegetables and beans soften.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and parsley, and allow soup to cook until tomatoes have softened.
- Finally, reduce heat to low and add pasta, cheese, oregano, and basil. Cook 20–30 more minutes.