Jump to the recipe
- ¼ cup black beluga lentils, rinsed
- 2 tsp canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced along its width into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 large orange, separated into segments
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 ½ tbsp creamy Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups salad greens, such as baby spinach or mesclun
- In a saucepan, bring lentils and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are just tender.
- Drain, rinse, and let cool.
- Heat oil in another skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned on the outside.
- Remove from heat. In a large bowl, mix lentils, pork, orange, avocado, bell pepper, carrot, and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, stir rest of ingredients with olive oil for dressing.