Two of the main muscle groups that every guy in the gym wants to show off are the abs and arm muscles, so the perfect solution is to annihilate both muscle groups in the same workout session. Follow the workout below by supersetting the abs and the arms. Complete 3 sets, 12-15 reps for each exercise. Lastly, try to limit your rest period to between 30-60 seconds.
Check out the second installment of Abs & Arms here >>
1. Kneeling Barbell Roll Out – Superset with Barbell Curls (using same barbell)
- Start by kneeling on an exercise mat.
- Brace your core and slightly tilt your pelvis back (this will stop your lower back from arching).
- Hold the barbell with both hands directly below your shoulders, keeping your arms straight.
- Slowly roll the barbell forward as far as you can, keeping good form. Then crunch your abs and roll back into the starting position.
2. Dragon Flags – Superset with Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls
- Lie on your back on a flat bench and grab the sides of the bench next to your head.
- Pull your hips off the bench and extend your legs so your torso and legs are vertical to the floor. Your head and shoulders support your body weight.
- Inhale and lower your legs and hips toward the bench. Keep your body rigid; you should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Pause when your body is a few inches above the bench. Exhale and reverse the motion, pulling your legs and hips back to the vertical position.
Mehmet Edip is an internationally published fitness model and writer, actor and competitive athlete: Be sure to follow him on Twitter: and Facebook.