Bock-Marinated NY Strip Steaks with Four-Colored Peppercorn Sauce
This recipe combines unique flavors such as white wine, sriracha, and brown sugar. Sound intriguing? We think so, too.
- 6 12-ounce top loin (New York strip) steaks
- 1 12-ounce bottle of Shiner Bock (or lager beer)
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp minced red onion
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely crushed four-peppercorn mix*
- 13/4 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
*A blend of black, white, pink and green peppercorn. This is really worth the hassle and expense!
1. Place steaks in single layer in glass baking dish. Whisk beer, sugar, lime juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, oil, ginger and pepper sauce in large bowl to blend. Pour marinade over steaks in baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Bring white wine, chopped shallot and crushed peppercorns to boil in heavy medium saucepan; simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and beef stock and boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 25 minutes. Add whipping cream and cook until sauce coats spoon, about 6 minutes. (Peppercorn sauce can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Set aside at room temperature.)
3. Prepare Coyote Grill (medium-high heat). Remove steaks from marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plates. Let steaks rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, bring peppercorn sauce to simmer. Drizzle sauce over steaks.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 181 calories, 8.4 g fat, 17.9 g carbs