For more healthy, and protein heavy recipes click here.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup sliced crimini mushrooms (also called baby portabellas) or white button mushrooms
- 1 large egg, plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ (7-inch) whole wheat pita pocket
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Coat a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add oil over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add eggs and mushrooms, and scramble. Cook until eggs are firm.
- To assemble, place the cooked egg/mushroom mixture in pita bread. Top with cheese.