If you like this recipe, try these other 20-minute meals here.
- Slaw: Sea salt, to taste
- Slaw: 1 small red cabbage, core removed and shredded
- Slaw: 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Slaw: 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salsa: 1 pint cherry, heirloom, or Sun Gold tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Salsa: ½ red onion, diced
- Salsa: 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salsa: 2 limes, juiced
- Salsa: 1 jalapeño, minced
- Salsa: ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Salsa: Sea salt, to taste
- Fish: 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- Fish: 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- Fish: 1 Tbsp paprika
- Fish: 1 tsp dried oregano
- Fish: Sea salt, to taste
- Fish: 1/2 pound firm fish such as striped bass, snapper, or blackfish, cut into thick strips
- Fish: 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Fish: Sprouted corn tortillas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Add a couple pinches of sea salt to cabbage and mix well, almost bruising cabbage in the process. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for salsa in a bowl, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cumin, coriander, paprika, oregano, and salt. Toss fish with olive oil and add to spice mixture, coating well. Place fish on a pan, and put in oven. Cook 7–10 minutes, depending upon thickness of fish.
- Drain any excess liquid from cabbage, and add olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- If using tortillas, place on a plate and top with a bit of cabbage slaw in the center. Put fish on top of slaw and top with salsa.