Jump to the recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 tbsp grape-seed oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 brown rice tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar chimichurri sauce
- Combine coleslaw ingredients in a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels, then rub with grape-seed oil. Rub both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Place steak on skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Distribute coleslaw and steak among tortillas. Top with chimichurri sauce.