Enjoy this recipe, and try these other tasty recipes to feed your eyes.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 5-ounce bag baby greens
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecan halves, lightly chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, toss the butternut squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the agave nectar, and 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble the baby greens, cranberries, pecans, and goat cheese in a salad bowl. Top with the butternut squash. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chives, ¼ teaspoon salt, and extra pepper into a vinaigrette, and toss with the salad. Serve immediately.