If you like this recipe that’s perfect for tailgating, try these other nutrient filled recipes.
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 large whole-wheat pitas
- Place beans, yogurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, tomato paste, chipotle chili pepper, lime juice, ½ tsp garlic powder, cumin, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper in a food processor or a blender container and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice pitas in half, then slice each half into thirds to form triangle shapes. Pull each pita triangle apart so you end up with 6 pieces per pita half. Lay on two baking sheets. Whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp garlic
powder, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Brush pita tops. Bake about 8 minutes
- Place dip in serving bowl and serve with pita chips.