Hey, in this high-tech age, who’s not guilty of playing with your favorite gadget almost as much as you play with your girl? To discern just how couples are handling the invasion of gizmos in the bedroom, we partnered with our sister mag Shape to poll more than 1,200 men and women, asking them about sex in the digital age.
- 58 percent of guys think they’ll score with a woman quicker if they can stay constantly connected. Almost 80 percent of women agree that technology creates intimacy faster, but of those, only 38 percent are sleeping with guys sooner.
- 35 percent of women feel that being continually hooked up to the world makes the time they spend with the man in their life less intimate.
- 9 in 10 guys admit to dry spells and going without sex for at least a week in the last year.
- 6 in 10 can go that long without checking their Facebook page
- 43 percent of women have been broken up with via a text, but only 27 percent of guys have gotten the digital brush off.
- Texting is the number one mode lovers use to stay in touch today. Guys use it 39 percent more often than calling, while women use it 150 percent as often.
- 7 in 10 women admit to checking out their guy’s ex on Facebook. (Still ‘friends’ with your ex? There’s a 39 percent shot it’ll P.O. your current girl.)
- Sexy texting is still the rage. 70 percent of women have “sexted” with their lover. More than two-thirds admit to sending their lucky man scandalous photos.
- 63 percent of guys hop online and do some recon before taking a woman out. 70 percent of women report doing the exact same.
- 31 percent of women are OK with being asked out via a text. However, 65 percent would prefer you picked up the phone and call.
- Women are more likely than men to snoop. Of the women we polled, 49 percent have checked their lover’s computer history, and 76 percent go through the inbox if it’s “accidentally” left open.
- 66 percent of women consider sex room chatting to be cheating—so think before you enter.
- 39 percent of women would rather give up sex for a year than part with their cell phones.
Make Her Orgasm
Cyber Sex Decrypted
Have “Vacation” Sex (At Home)