With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
What does it take to compete in Obstacle Course Racing? Well first of all, you might have to be just a little bit nuts! But after that, there are a few physical attributes, which really help you navigate through the course. Core strength, mobility, and pulling power are three of the notable characteristics of top-level OCR athletes.
Hunter McIntyre is arguably the top OCR racer in the game right now. In his quest to always improve, he asked bodyweight training expert Andy McDermott for some help designing a TRX based workout to supplement his race preparation.
So, whether you compete in OCR or just want to train like an athlete, here is a challenging Bodyweight and TRX circuit. Aim for five rounds of this circuit, with a one minute “active rest” in between rounds.
1. HAND WALKOUT TO X-WING: Do 5 slow, controlled reps of this movement to work on your mobility, flexibility, and core strength.
2. TRX SPRINTER’S START: Do 5 reps each leg. This is an explosive movement that keeps your core activated while developing lower body power.
3. TRX POWER PULL: Do 5 reps each arm. While maintaining a strong core, this movement is one of the best ways to isolate the rotational pulling power of your upper body.
4. SQUAT TO GRAPPLER CURL: Aim for 10 reps. This exercise combines lower body strength, core activation, and upper body pulling power to get your total body moving as one machine.
5. MMA BURPEES: Aim for 5 reps each leg. This is one of the best exercises that Andy loves to hate! It taxes all the major muscle groups, and also trains your energy systems because it’s a metabolic monster.