- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight (reserve water)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted and removed from the potatoes with ease. Open the foil carefully, and let cool before handling.
- In a blender, combine cooked potatoes, cashews and soaking water, cilantro, red pepper, cumin, salt, and 3 cups of the water. Blend until very smooth (you want a thin milkshake consistency), adding the remaining 1 cup of water as needed to reach this consistency. Enjoy warm or chilled.