If you like this recipe, try these other 20-minute meals here.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
- ½ lb fresh bay scallops
- ¼ cup bok choy microgreens
- ¼ cup radish microgreens
- Sea salt, to taste
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 Tbsp mirin
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 Tbsp scallions, sliced
- Soy-Lime Dressing: 1 lime zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Rinse and dry asparagus, cut off the woody ends, and cut each piece in half. Place asparagus in a roasting dish. Combine sesame oil, coconut oil, and Nama Shoyu, and toss with asparagus. Set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients, except lime zest, into a bowl, and whisk together.
- Roast asparagus in oven; after 3–4 minutes, shake asparagus in pan, then return to oven for another 3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove any tiny muscles from bay scallops, rinse, and pat dry. Add to bowl with dressing, and toss lightly.
- Remove asparagus from oven and divide between two plates. Divide scallops and place half on top of each plate, pouring a bit of remaining dressing onto asparagus. Add reserved lime zest on top of scallops. Gently mix microgreens together, and add a pinch on top of each scallop. Add salt.