Enjoy this recipe, and try these other tasty recipes to feed your eyes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2½ cups)
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted cumin seeds, for garnish
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion for 2 minutes; then add the garlic, and sauté an additional minute.
- Add the carrots, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender or, working in batches, purée in a blender or food processor until smooth, then return it to the saucepan.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and yogurt. Season to taste. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with the cumin seeds.