Get more keto-friendly recipes here.
Recipe excerpted from The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen, by Carolyn Ketchum. Copyright 2017. Used with permission of the publisher, Victory Belt Publishing.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted but not hot
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp water
- ¾ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp granulated erythritol sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat a waffle iron and grease it well.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cream cheese, butter, eggs, heavy cream, and water. Blend on high for 30 seconds, then scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt and blend for another 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into each section of the waffle iron and close lid. Cook until waffles are puffed and golden brown on both sides. The time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
- Remove waffles and repeat with the remaining batter. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The waffles can also be frozen for up to a month.