Everyone enjoys a good cupcake every now and then, and this one literally takes the cake because it’s high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. One cupcake clocks in at 11g of protein.
- 1/4 cup vanilla or cake batter flavored protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp Neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut sugar, optional
- Mix the wet and dry cupcake base ingredients separately, and then combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among six lightly greased slots of a standard-size muffin tin. Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting, whip together all the ingredients, sweeten to taste, and spread it on the cupcakes.