For more year-round grilling recipes, check out these 10 hearty meals for any time of year.
- 1 lb pork sirloin cubes, each about 1-inch by 1iinch
- 18 pieces 1/2-inch thick fresh pineapple, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup Traeger Carne Asada Marinade, or your favorite Teriyaki marinade
- 6 large scallions, trimmed, pale and light green parts cut Into 1-Inch lengths
- 6 8-inch wooden skewers
- Thread a pork cube through the thin side on a skewer, followed by a chunk of pineapple and a piece of green onion; repeat the sequence, using 3 or 4 pieces of pork per skewer. Repeat with the other skewers.
- Transfer the skewers to a glass pan or pie plate, and pour the marinade over them, turning to coat on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 450° (high) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the skewers, discarding the marinade. Arrange the skewers on the grill grate, and grill, turning once, for 10 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter or plates, and serve immediately with some steamed rice. Enjoy.